Where to Buy Local Rhubarb:
This perennial vegetable is worth grabbing at the spring market as it’s a delightful addition to jams, pies and crumbles. You will find it in the spring at any of the local farmers markets. The following list is not all inclusive. If you find rhubarb at other roadside stands, please let me know!
- Stibitz Farms- Stibitz offers a variety of seasonal produce, as well as eggs, honey, syrup, and trees.
- Crisp Country Acres- If you’re in the Holland Area, you can find rhubarb at their farm store. You can also find Crisp Country Acres at many of the local farmers markets. Check their Facebook page to find where they will be.
Recipes Using Rhubarb:
Read my blog post for tips on freezing rhubarb.
- Strawberry Rhubarb Jam- This flavor jam is a hit in our house.
- Blueberry Rhubarb Jam- Since rhubarb and blueberries may not be in season together, freeze rhubarb in the spring to make this delicious jam in the summer.
- Apple Rhubarb Jam- This jam has a wonderful fall taste and is perfect mixed into oatmeal. Another recipe worth freezing some rhubarb for.
- Strawberry Rhubarb Gin Fizz- Rhubarb isn’t just for jams! This beverage is a must try. Worth freezing some strawberries and rhubarb for a late summer cool down.
- Strawberry Rhubarb Refrigerator Jam- This jam is thickened by using chia seeds, uses honey as a sweetener and can be stored in the fridge or freezer. A friend recommended it and it’s now on my “must try” list. Yum!