Local Sources of Maple Syrup
- Pate Homestead Head over to Jon and Hannah Pate’s Homestead site to order their delicious maple syrup.
- Haan Farms- Located in Fruitport, Michigan, offers not only maple syrup, but also chicken and duck eggs and seasonal veggies. Visit their Facebook page for purchasing information.
- Hidden Creek Farms– Hidden Creek has a wide array of foods to offer, from maple syrup to eggs, broiler chickens to seasonal veggies.
- Kasza Sugar Bush in Shelby-A family owned and operated business, Kasza Sugar Bush sells more than just maple syrup. Treat yourself to maple candies, maple sugar, maple coated nuts and maple granola.
- MA’s Sugar Shack- Matt and Aimee Flesner of Rockford, Michigan provide pure Michigan Maple syrup, made traditionally on a wood fired arch. Find them on Facebook for purchasing information.
- General Store- 103 E. Colby St, Whitehall, carries maple syrup and maple sugar from White River Sugar Bush in Hesperia, Michigan.
- Blandford Nature Center- If you’re in the Grand Rapids area, stop by the Blandford Nature Center gift shop for some maple syrup and maple candies.
- Creswick Farms-The Ravenna farm that offers a variety of meats and delicious eggs also sells maple syrup! Check their farm store for availability.
- Stibitz Farms– Located on White Lake Drive, the Stibitz Farm farmstand has an array of seasonal produce as well as honey, maple syrup, and eggs. Come back in the winter for a beautiful Christmas tree!
- Bush’s Apples- Located in New Era, Bush’s Apples has a variety of seasonal produce such as peaches, apples, pears, cucumbers, zucchini, squash, pumpkins and much more. You will also find local honey and maple syrup available at stand. Find them on Facebook to see what is available throughout the year.
Recipes Using Maple Syrup
- Balsamic Maple Vinaigrette
- Healthy Pumpkin Zucchini Bread from Ambitious Kitchen. I’ve used both maple syrup and honey in this recipe and both are delicious! I’ve also used regular milk instead of almond milk, and it’s still just as yummy. My family LOVES this recipe. It’s a staple in our house.
- Healthy Pumpkin Banana muffins- Another recipe from Ambitious Kitchen that you will love, starring two of my favorite things: pumpkin and maple. These are like a spiced banana bread. Yum!
- Loaded Lentil Salad from Hummusapien. I make this in a big batch to eat all week for lunch or a quick dinner. I even got one of my boys to try it AND ask for it in his lunchbox. MOM WIN!
- Maple Balsamic Roasted Carrots