Local Sources of Cherries
(Be sure to find orchards on Facebook or Instagram to see when their season begins and ends, varieties grown and operating hours. Also, it’s helpful to verify forms of payment before heading to the orchard).
- Gavin Orchards in Coopersville– Gavin orchard does U-pick and sells prepicked cherries. They offer both sweet and sour cherries.
- Robinette’s Apple Haus- Located in Grand Rapids, Robinette’s offers U-pick cherries and apples. While there, try some of their baked goods, get lunch at their lunch counter, sample some cider, go for a hayride and jump on their jumping pillow. Grown ups, don’t forget to try their wine and hard cider in their tasting room.
- Rasch Cherries- Located in Conklin, Michigan, Rasch Cherries has sweet and sour cherries available for u-pick and we-pick. In the fall, they have apples and peaches available for u-pick.
- Lewis Farms- Located in New Era, Lewis Farms is not only an awesome place to have some fun with the family. They also have a great market offering fresh local produce including strawberries, cherries, peaches, and of course, apples from their farm.
- Wells Orchards– Located in Grand Rapids, Wells Orchards offers U-pick and we-pick cherries as well as apples, peaches, other locally grown produce,as well as local honey and maple syrup.
Recipes Using Cherries
- Dehydrating Cherries- useful tips from The Spruce on how to dehydrate cherries.