Local Sources of Blueberries
(Be sure to find farms on Facebook or Instagram to see when their season begins and ends, varieties grown and operating hours. Also, it’s helpful to verify forms of payment before heading to the farm)
- Palmer Blueberry Farm in Whitehall, Michigan Palmer offers “u-pick” and pre-picked blueberries. If you want to buy a big quantity of pre-picked blueberries, call ahead and they will have them ready for you.
- Hyatt Family Blueberries in Whitehall, Michigan.
- Sodini Blueberries in Muskegon. Check out their Facebook page for updates on their growing season. They offer pre-picked or U-pick blueberries. You can also find Sodini blueberries (frozen) year round at Colby’s Hokey Pokey in Whitehall, Michigan. Call for availability.
- Jazz Blueberries– Formerly known as Andrew’s Blueberries, Jazz Blueberries in Shelby Michigan offers u-pick and we-pick blueberries. Follow them on Facebook to see when their season opens and where you can find their blueberries at local markets.
- Bowerman Blueberries Farm Market- Located in Holland, Michigan, Bowerman’s has u-pick blueberries as well as a market selling hydroponic strawberries, fresh local produce and donuts in the fall. Bowerman also has select dates when you can purchase a bucket to pick blueberries that will be donated to a local food pantry.
- Jawor Brothers Blueberry Farm and Country Store- Located in Ravenna, they offer u-pick and we-pick blueberries. They also have a country store with ice cream, coffee and baked goods. They also offer frozen blueberries year round.
- Blue Horizon Farms, LLC- Located on Hyde Park Road in Muskegon, Blue Horizon Farms offers U-pick blueberries. Follow them on Facebook for updates on their season.
- Lindberg Blueberries– This Centennial Farm in Coopersville offers U-pick and we-pick blueberries. Call ahead to order 5 lb boxes of blueberries.
- Bisacky Blueberry Farm- Formerly know as Frifeldt Farm, Bisacky Blueberry Farm is located in Spring Lake and offers U-pick and we-pick blueberries.
- Crossroads Blueberry Farm– Located in Grand Haven, Crossroads offers U-pick and we-pick blueberries. Call ahead and you can pick up a boxes of frozen blueberries. Their market also has a variety of baked goods, gourmet Michigan blueberry items and ice cream. Crossroads also has dates where you can Pick for a Pantry, where you can purchase a bucket and pick blueberries to be donated to a local food pantry.
Recipes Using Blueberries
- Easy Blueberry Jam- This recipe using honey to sweeten the jam, chia seeds to thicken it and lemon juice to add complexity. Great to store in the fridge or freezer.
- Lemon Raspberry Muffins- I know, I know, it says raspberries. But I love the combo of lemon and blueberries for this recipe.
- Rainbow Smoothie- This is my favorite way to get my kids to “eat the rainbow”! Lots of fresh local fruit with a sneaky addition of healthy greens.
- Lemon Blueberry Cake– Secret ingredient: zucchini! A perfect summer time cake.