Places to Buy Local Asparagus:
(Updated on May 24, 2018)
- Stibitz Farms- Whitehall
- Lundell Farms– North Muskegon
- Lewis Farms- New Era
- White Duck Market- Scenic Drive in Whitehall
- Bush’s in New Era (Bush’s Apples)
- Roadside stand on White Lake Drive between Whitehall Rd and Durham Road
- Roadside stand near intersection of Fruitvale Rd and Old 31 in Montague
- Post Rd and Lamos Rd in Montague
- Webster Rd just west of Old 31
- Bishop Farm in Whitehall, Michigan
If you know of any other places to purchase locally grown asparagus, comment below, send me a message or find me on Facebook!
Recipes Using Asparagus
- Asparagus Frittata– Don’t forget to stop by these places and buy some local eggs to make this delicious frittata. Mix in some cheese (we use whatever type cheese we have on hand) and butter from Country Dairy and you’ve got an amazing local dish!
- Pickled Asparagus– I have yet to try this, but I hear it’s all the rage! Now this will be on my spring bucket list: try pickled asparagus.
- Bacon wrapped Asparagus– You could wrap bacon around just about anything and it would be good. But asparagus!! YES, please! Remember you can buy bacon from local farms too.
- Grilled Asparagus- Nothing beats throwing those spring days when it’s finally warm enough to be grilling out. Throw some asparagus on the grill along side your local meat and you’ve got yourself a quick and easy meal.
- Baked Asparagus Fries- Delish! Baked asparagus coated in panko and Parmesan cheese. My mouth is drooling already.
What are your favorite asparagus recipes? Share in the comments and I will add it to this list!